Registered Charity No: 1042358
Hits since 17/04/11
Webcounter by digits.com
Please note, the counter only registers first time hits.
The Sir Andrew Martin Trust for Young People was founded in 1995 by friends of Sir Andrew Martin KCVO who, as Lord-Lieutenant of Leicestershire for twenty four years, had actively supported the aspirations and needs of young people and their voluntary organisations.
Young people may apply to the trust for modest grants usually between £100 and £250 - exceptionally £500, and the Trust also makes grants to voluntary youth organisations with which Sir Andrew Martin was closely involved. Such organisations may be awarded grants up to £1,000, although that figure may be exceeded where exceptional circumstances can be demonstrated.
The Trust supports individual young people who:
- are between 12 and 21 years
- live in Leicester, Leicestershire or Rutland
- have an outstanding skill or talent
- have an opportunity to gain an experience
- are disadvantaged
- have disabilities, learning difficulties, special educational needs or mental health issues
The Trust supports voluntary youth organisations:
- working with young people aged 12 to 21 years
- operating in Leicester, Leicestershire or Rutland
- which are making a significant contribution to benefit young people